Thailand Association of the Blind will organize The 6th Thailand International Braille reading and writing contest during 18-1920 January 2019 at Ratchasuda College, Mahidol University in concurrent with The 24th National Braille reading and writing contest. The deadline for online application is the 15th December 2018.
You can visit our website for more information at http://www.tab.or.th/bc/?page_id=27
Or as provided below.
Please kindly dissemination the information.
The contest organizing team.
Type of applicants
- Visually impaired persons from all around the world
- Applicants are 2 groups of ages and to apply as individual
Group 1: Age 15-24 years
Group 2: Age 25 years up
Type of contest
- English Braille reading
- Applicant will get an Unified English Braille examination article (UEB) for silent reading practice for 3 minutes (Unified English Braille). Applicant can choose either grade 1 (no contractions) or grade 2 (with contractions).
- Applicant goes into the room to read aloud in front of judges for 3 minutes
- Each judge will rate by pronunciation, punctuation, posture, mannerism and expression
- First prize: 15,000 Baht with the certificate
- Second prize: 10,000 Baht with the certificate
- Third prize: 5,000 Baht with the certificate
(Note: 1 USD = approximately 33 Baht depends on the exchange rate at the time of the contest)
- English Braille writing
- Judge will read 10 words or short phrases. Each word will be read twice with 10 seconds pause between words. Applicant writes each word in grade 1 (no contractions).
- Award type: First prize only, 5,000 Baht with the certificate
- Each applicant may apply for reading, writing or both by filling the online application form by 15 December 2018 at https://goo.gl/forms/RixxSj9wlbS4ztNn1
- Applicants from the following countries (i.e. Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) together with their one sighted guide per country, who get sponsorship from the host, would need to fill in the same application form.
- Sponsored ASEAN applicants must be recommended by National organization of the blind or National member of WBU
- The host will provide each ASEAN country an area for Braille-related exhibition to exhibit on 18 January 2019 which will be the opening ceremony day, please express your desire in the application form
The host will support the following cost:
- The lump sum amount for the international flights of no more than 3 applicants with 1 sighted guide ($150 each person) from the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines and Vietnam
** Note: Every sponsored applicant must show the original receipt upon his/her arrival. In case the airfair costs below $150 per person, the host is obligated to pay for the actual cost.
- Three-nights accommodation exclusively for 3 applicants with 1 sighted guide from countries listed above. For those who are not eligible to the sponsorship, the accommodation would cost 800 Baht (single/double), 1,000 baht (triple), and 1,200 baht (4 persons) per night excluding breakfast.
- 4 Meals for everyone
- Travelling as appropriate for everyone
Note: Accommodation information:.
The Time 24, Salaya, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2-4414290, (0) 88-1942424, (0) 88-1941414
Google search: “The Time 24, Salaya”
Ms. Premma Punnathanapassorn (Kettie) Or
Dr. Nantanoot Suwannawut (Apple)
International Affairs Coordinator(acting)
Thailand Association of the Blind (TAB)
85/1-3 Soi Bunyu, Din Daeng road, Samsennai,
Phyathai, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Office: +66 2246-3835 Fax: +66 2245-9846